SERVPRO's Emergency Water Services
The first 24 hours following a water damage are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage, especially with the amount of raining and storming we've been getting in Texas. Within four hours of receiving a loss notification, SERVPRO of Kaufman County / Mesquite professionals will be on-site to help ensure a water loss is handled by completing the following steps.
SERVPRO of Kaufman County / Mesquite professionals will inspect affected areas to determine the extent of water damage and will review the inspection with you to answer any questions before beginning the work.
SERVPRO of Kaufman County / Mesquite professionals will take steps to help protect your home or business, as well as personal property and other contents, from further damage by extracting the excess water and preparing the area for drying. They will explain the needed emergency services to you step-by-step.
To help ensure your home or business and belongings are dried to appropriate industry standards, a SERVPRO of Kaufman County / Mesquite professional will monitor the drying process. The updates will be consistently communicated with you.
SERVPRO of Kaufman County / Mesquite professionals will repair structural materials, reinstall carpets, and clean affected areas of your property and contents. A final walk-through of the job site will be conducted with you to help ensure the property was returned to its preloss condition.
Emergency Water Damage Tips
- Shut off the water source, if possible or contact a qualified professional to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Move any paintings, art objects, computers, documents, and other sensitive valuables to a dry place.
- Do not enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers, or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water! This could cause electrical shock or damage to the device.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
For more information on recovering from water damage. fire damage, or mold damage, contact SERVPRO of Kaufman County / Mesquite professionals at (972) 329-4747.